Issue #903 March 31, 2015
Publisher: Joan Stewart
“Tips, Tricks and Tools for Free Publicity”
In This Issue
- Top 100 Radio Talk Shows & Topics
- Write Kids’ Kindle Books Fast
- Free Press Release Grader
- Hound Video of the Week
This Week in the Hound House:
Have you heard about Tajin, a Mexican seasoning made from chili peppers, dehydrated lime juice and sea salt? A friend served it to me sprinkled on cantaloupe, and I’m hooked. You can buy it at Sam’s Club, Aldi’s or on Amazon. Be sure to read the reviews for lots of ideas on how to use it.
1. Top Radio Talk Shows & Topics
Monica Lewinsky’s TED talk.
Bo Bergdahl’s prosecution.
Angeline Jolie’s Surgery.
Those were three of the Top 10 issues discussed on talk radio last week. Authors, speakers, experts and others who are willing to take strong positions on controversial issues like those, and others, can find themselves on the air, talking to millions of people around the world.
Want to know what the top talk show hosts are discussing? Check out “The Talkers Ten Top Weekly Topics.”
Who’s talking about them? The Top 100 radio talk shows hosts. You can find the 2015 Talkers Heavy Hundred list, just published this month.
The best way to pitch radio is by phone because guest bookers and producers want to hear how you sound. But don’t even think of pitching any of the Heavy Hundred until you’ve had a lot of experience in local radio markets where you can make mistakes and learn from them.
The fourth edition of my ebook “How to be a Kick-butt Publicity Hound” features in-depth interviews and tips galore from two radio publicity experts.
Joe Sabbah teaches you how to get booked on shows and clever ways to sell books and other products on the air. Media trainer Joel Roberts, a former talk show host, gives you step-by-step instructions on how to turn a lackluster topic into one that gets listeners so riled up, they pull over to the side of the freeway during rush hour, whip out their phones and call the station to comment.
Touchy-feely topics usually don’t work well on bigger talk radio shows because, Joel Roberts says, “Talk show producers don’t want light. They want heat.”
2. Write Kids’ Kindle Books Fast
Here are three reasons why writing children’s books for the Kindle can be very profitable.
- The children’s ebook market is up 475% this year alone, which makes it one of the fastest-growing book sectors on Amazon.
- You can come up with an idea for your Amazon best-seller for children in less than 5 minutes.
- You can research, write and publish your book, even one with gorgeous illustrations, in 48 hours or less. After it’s published, and you’re hearing “ka-ching, ka-ching”–rinse and repeat. Publish another one, and another..
Impossible? Not if you follow Jay Boyer’s simple formula. He’s a children’s author who has more than a dozen best-selling titles on Amazon and earned more than $10,000 in royalties in a single month. Jay will explain the formula when Steve Harrison interviews him during a free webinar at 2 and 7 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, April 1.
You will learn:
- How Jay wrote a silly, little 26-page Kindle children’s book in less than 7 days and is still producing more than $1,000 in royalties each month, two years later.
- His simple formula for researching, writing and publishing your book in less than 48 hours.
- How to launch it after you’ve written it.
- Jay’s #1 bestselling children’s book niche (you’ll laugh) that he has used to sell mountains of digital books.
An easy way to get reviews for your children’s book. Intrigued?
Full Disclosure: I’m promoting this free call as one of Steve’s affiliates and may earn a commission if you buy something from him down the road.
3. Free Press Release Grader
If you don’t want to pay a service to distribute your press releases, you can still take advantage of PRWeb’s free Press Release Grader.
It gives you instant, expert feedback on how powerful the components of your press release really are–and how to make them stronger.
Create a free account, enter your keywords, enter your press release, and click on the “Make It Better” button. It will analyze your release on four key components–content, multimedia, keywords and links. And it will tell you what you’re doing right and show you how to make improvements.
4. Hound Video of the Week
So you think you can dance? Watch this dog do the Mambo.