Issue #928 June 27, 2015
Publisher: Joan Stewart
“Tips, Tricks and Tools for Free Publicity”
In This Issue
- Sell Your Book to Hollywood
- This Week’s Webinar Replays
- Publicity for Your Podcast
- Hound Video of the Week
This Weekend in the Hound House:
My sisters, visiting from Ohio, helped me plant two lilac bushes and two gorgeous Twist & Shout Hydrangeas. They even designed five giant terra cotta pots of annuals for my porches. But all work and no play makes for grouchy sisters. So we’re off to the strawberry festival today.
1. Sell Your Book to Hollywood
More than 28,000 movies have started out as books.
Matthew Quick, a high school teacher from Philadelphia, saw his New York Times best-selling novel, Silver Linings Playbook, turned into a movie starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence. The movie has grossed more than $53 million.
Hollywood needs fresh content to produce movies and television shows for the thousands of cable stations and online media outlets.
Will your book or story be next?
Find out how to get in the running during a free telephone seminar on Thursday, July 2, hosted by Steve Harrison. He’ll be interviewing a Hollywood insider who helps hundreds of published and unpublished authors and screenwriters bring their projects to the screen.
Register for “How To Sell Your Book To Hollywood As A Movie Or TV Show… Even If It’s Self-Published.”
You’ll learn the Number One mistake authors make when approaching Hollywood about turning their book into a movie (if you don’t do this one little thing right, you’re doomed from the start…yet it’s so easy to correct).
Steve’s guest will share the formula veteran screenwriters use to catch a buyer’s attention and allow them to instantly visualize how your story will look on the screen.
2. This Week’s Webinar Replays
If you missed one or both webinars I hosted this week, you’re in luck. I’m offering video replays of both:
- Daniel Hall’s webinar on how to “Create a $47 Video Info-Product TODAY That Sells Like Gangbusters!” included simple step-by-step directions on how to create a series of short videos that help someone solve a problem. And he made a killer offer that’s perfect for anyone who wants to start creating info-products. The offer comes with a 30-day guarantee.
- “25 Killer Book Publishing Tips from the Experts” also included answers to dozens of questions asked by the several hundred authors who joined us. You’ll learn about book marketing and distribution, blogging best practices, publicity, building your platform, and cool tools to help you get more done in less time. Watch the replay. The early-bird deadline for saving $300 on our Publishing at Sea cruise ends Tuesday.
3. Publicity for Your Podcast
Here are three helpful resources for promoting your podcast.
- Publicity expert Sandra Beckwith describes the three power tools in a podcaster’s PR tool kit and how to use them: a press release, a pitch letter and a media list. Listen to “How to Publicize and Promote Your Podcast.”
- My interview with Dave Jackson of The School of Podcasting includes ideas galore for promoting your expertise first, and then your podcast.
- Radio talk show hosts, podcasters, online radio shows, satellite radio, and TV programs use the free Radio Guest List service to find exciting, timely new talk show interview guests, authors, and experts to interview “on the air”–easily and for free.
4. Hound Video of the Week
Thanks to Publicity Hounds Tracey Bennett and Dan Poynter for this video of Daisy and Cooper eating a vanilla cone in the car at McDonald’s. It went viral last year and got more than 8 million views on YouTube.
Leave a Reply