Press Release Tip 61
How to use an audio file
Record a short audio clip using a smart phone or your computer, upload the file to the cloud or to your website, and link to it from the release. I use Amazon S3 to store Word documents, PDFs, photos, audio and video.
Another option is to use SoundCloud. It’s an online audio distribution platform and music sharing website that lets users upload, promote and share audio.
The recording functionality on SoundCloud allows you to easily record any type of audio and directly upload it to your account. This feature is great for voice memos, messages to your fans, or for capturing sound bites.
Here’s their Creator Guide.
You have many options of what to record. Some examples:
- If you’re hosting a conference or convention, do a three-minute interview with the keynote speaker.
- If you’re an author, ask someone to interview you about your book.
- A musician who is announcing a new album can include a link where people can listen to one of the songs.
- Record an interview with someone who has benefited from the services offered by your nonprofit.
- Interview people who have used your new product or service.
- Give instructions on how to do something. For example, a Board of Elections can write a press release about the deadline to register to vote. An audio clip can give instructions on how to register.
- If you’re announcing a class, record a short interview with the instructor telling students what they’ll learn.
I’m sure you can think of many more ideas.
Opportunity #61 to write a press release: Public stock offering
Write a press release about a public stock offering, and don’t forget to contact reporters at your local business journal and offer them the story.
Next: How to include video.