Press Release Tip 18
Announce a grand opening
A business grand opening can be a ho-hum news event, worth no more than just a few sentences. Or, you can seize the opportunity and weave different angles about the business into the press release.
That’s what CKO Kickboxing in Augusta, N.J., did. Their press release under the headline Franklin, NJ, Kickboxing Moves to Larger Health Fitness Center After Rapid Rise in New Memberships included several things I love:
- Mentioning the reason for the move in the headline.
- Details about what people will find at the grand opening.
- Features of the new location, including equipment and amenities such as child care.
- The story of how the owner was overweight and got hooked on kickboxing.
- Information about the franchise as reported in Entrepreneur Magazine.
This was a great opportunity for the business to let readers know about different facets of the gym and the philosophy of the owners.
Opportunity #18 to write a press release: Expanded facilities
If you’re writing a press release about your move to a bigger office or an addition to your facilities, include details like the cost of the project, square footage, and the benefits of having more space. How will it allow you to better serve your customers? Will it be easier for employees to do their jobs? You can also include an architect’s rendering or a map showing the new location.
Next: How to announce a meeting.