The Publicity Hound’s Special Report #43
The Do’s and Don’ts of Offering Food to the Media
Whether you’re taking a reporter to lunch at the local coffee shop, or inviting bloggers to an elaborate press conference, feeding the media can be fraught with ethical problems. This common-sense guide explains the rules and makes everyone feel comfortable.
- Why you can treat print and broadcast reporters differently
- What to do if you’re taking a reporter to lunch and who picks up the check
- Tips for food and drink at press conferences
- How to host a creative media lunch
- Rules regulating gifts of food, especially during the holidays and 2 good alternatives to food
- Why you MUST beware of alcohol…remember that loose lips sink ships!
- Tips for travel trips
- Ideas for creative media events even if the topic is boring
- What to do if you’re inviting a reporter to tour your company
- How to respond if you get a lousy restaurant review
- Guidelines for setting up “fam tours”
- How to work with and contact bloggers