Authors, experts and consultants who rely only on a handful of revenue streams—such as their books, consulting and speaking engagements—are missing out on lucrative products and services that can create a powerful media empire and get you mountains of free publicity.
That’s what Steve Harrison will discuss tomorrow—Thursday, Sept. 27— when he presents the free webinar “How to Thrive as an Author/Expert in Any Economy” at 2 and 7 p.m. Eastern Time. He will give you 22 ideas for extending your expertise far beyond the obvious products and services.
Here are some things I’ve either done myself or seen other authors/experts do:
- Industry-specific training weekends
- A multiple-level membership site that can include new content each month in addition to live calls with members
- Spokesperson contracts
- Licensing your information products for a fee
- Home-study courses for people who cannot attend your live events
- Pocket guides
- A direct-mail subscription newsletter
- Video-based training
- Low-priced special reports that you use to bring people into your product funnel, like the 52 publicity special reports I sell for $15 each
- A mentor program or coaching program for people who want one-on-one access to you
Harrison will give you many more ideas, most of which are MUCH easier to implement than writing a new book.
Even though the webinar is free, I promote it as an affiliate because I hear from so many experts, most of them authors, who can’t make it financially on just one or two revenue streams. Register here for the call. If you can’t attend live, recruit someone to take notes for you because he seldom offers the replays.