If you’re new to hosting webinars, the team at SocialBrite.org has a very helpful summary of 10 steps for planning a successful webinar.
It includes nine ways to promote your webinar. I took their list and added to it. Most of these ideas will also work when promoting teleseminars. Here’s their list of suggestions on how to promote:
1. At your website.
2. On online event calendars such as Upcoming.com
3. Relevant listservs
4. In print and online newsletters
5. On Twitter channels
6. In Facebook groups
7. As a local event for nonprofits (SocialBrite.org specializes in teaching social media to nonprofits).
8. On Web pages that promote webinars in your industry.
9. At the end of current webinars.
Here are my own ideas
I added to their list and came up with 12 of my own ideas:
11. In the events or calendar sections in traditional media, including newspapers, magazines, trade journals and business journals.
12. In an online press release. (See Keywords: The Magic Magnets That Pull Consumers & Journalists to Your Press Releases.)
13. On the websites of local newspapers, magazines, radio and TV stations.
14. In videos, where you can excerpt tips and lead viewers to the sign-up page. Upload the video to video sharing-sharing sites.
15. At your guest experts’ blogs, at their websites, in their newsletters, and on their social media sites.
16. Create an Event on Facebook, and share with your Friends and Fans. (See 11 Ways to Avoid Missed Opportunities on Facebook)
17. In an email blast to your opt-in list, and the lists of your guest experts.
18. In a podcast.
19. At the end of a quiz you create around the topic of the webinar.
20. In targeted ads on Facebook and LinkedIn.
21. If you have an affiliate program, encourage your affiliates to promote the event, using their affiliate links.
Add to this list
Did I miss any? How do you promote your webinars and teleseminars, and which are the most effective?
What about paid ads? Have you used them,
and are they effective?
My Next Webinar: How to Use Twitter Lists
I’m presenting “How to Use Twitter Lists to Generate Publicity & Build Your Brand” at 3 p.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, Aug. 26. This one-hour webinar is perfect for anyone who hasn’t yet started using Twitter lists, or for Twitter users who aren’t sure how to get the most out of their lists.
Everyone who attends will also receive a bonus special report I wrote on “How to Use Twitter for Business to Network, Promote, Sell, Recruit & Profit,” a $10 value, as well as slides of the PowerPoint presentation I’m using for the video, a link for the streaming video and the video download, and the MP3 recording. So if the time is inconvenient for you, register anyway and you can watch it afterward at a time most convenient for you.