Edward Vilga, author of the best-selling novel Downward Dog, will interview his literary agent, Beth Vesl, senior vice president at the Irene Goodman Agency, at 3 p.m. Eastern Time. The Q&A call is on “5 Things You’ve Always Wanted to Ask a Literary Agent.” Register here.
You will learn:
- Whether authors need an agent.
- The best way to find one and what you can expect once a contract is signed.
- How self-publishing differs from the vanity press.
- The importance of having a platform on social media.
- How publishing has changed and how that affects authors who are just starting to write.
- The worst mistake aspiring authors make over and over again.
Full Disclosure: Edward is one of my customers, and I featured a sample chapter from Downward Dog in Quick & Easy Media Kit Templates for Indie Authors, as an example of how to present a sample chapter in a media kit.