I’m thrilled that I made the list of 30 PR experts you should follow on Twitter, compiled by eReleases, the press release writing and distribution service.
Here are several things you can learn from lists like this:
- I’m not quite sure how the list was compiled, but I’ll bet somebody searched Twitter for “PR expert.” That phrase is right in my bio. Does your bio explain your expertise?
- The list was posted yesterday and already has 328 tweets. Multiply that by the thousands and perhaps millions of eyeballs that will be seeing the postings.
- Anyone can compile a list like this. You can do it for your own industry, or an industry you’re targeting.
- It’s a great way to introduce people to your company because you’re providing valuable content and asking for nothing in return.
- Ask your friends, followers and connections for help if you don’t want to compile the list yourself. Keep in mind LinkedIn’s Q&A feature.
What kinds of lists like this one have you compiled and distributed, and what kind of return on investment did you see?