If you’re looking for a get-rich-quick solution, this isn’t for you. But if you want to make sure that your website pulls traffic, and that visitors end up in your marketing funnel, don’t miss this one. Publicity expert Joan Stewart will show you how to make your website ready for prime-time and dazzle journalists, consumers and other visitors by promoting your expertise and offering valuable information, for free, so people buy from you later. She has been selling more than 150 products and services from her website for almost two decades. This session is ideal for small business owners who have their own websites as well as for people just launching a business.
You will learn:
- How to make it easy for people who don’t know you to find your website quickly when they do a Google search.
- Key elements of a home page that says “I’m here to help you.”
- How to encourage people to give you their email addresses in exchange for free valuable information…and the kinds of information they love.
- The importance of creating infoproducts so you can position yourself as a valuable source.
- How to upsell at your website so you’re never leaving money on the table. (“Do you want fries with that?”)
- How to monetize your blog so it’s more than just a time-consuming hobby.
- The benefits of writing guest posts for other blogs, even if you don’t have time to maintain your own blog.
- The biggest reason you should be sharing valuable content on the social media sites. (Hint: Google is watching!)
- How to squeeze money out of a Resources page, and Google’s new rules governing this.
- Why you should consider joining affiliate programs and why it’s often easier to sell other people’s products than your own.
- Where to find helpful information on how to hire geeks who can manage the techie stuff.
This is an interactive session that leaves plenty of time for audience participation.