Book publicist Penny Sansevieri, never lacking for a creative ideas, wants authors to start promoting their books even if they’re on a shoestring budget.
She has 50 ideas for under $50. They include:
- Buy your domain name as soon as you have a title for your book. You can get domain names for as little as $8.95.
- Head on over to Blogger.com or WordPress.com and start your very own blog (you can add it to your website later).
- Set up an event at your neighborhood bookstore.
- Write a few articles on your topic and submit them to the Internet for syndication.
- Check out your competition online and see if you can do some networking.
- Do some radio research and pitch yourself to at least five new stations this week.
- Ready to get some business cards? Head on over to Vistaprint.com. The cards are free if you let them put their logo on the back.
- Put together your marketing plan.
- Plan a contest. Contests are a great way to promote your book.
- Google some topic-related online groups to see if you can network with them.
For the 40 other tips, email Penny at email@example.com